An Overview Of Defective Medical Device Claims
Many patients undergo procedures that require implants of medical devices to correct or improve serious health problems. These devices, which are designed to help improve the patient’s chances of recovery, sometimes do not work as intended. Individuals are left struggling after the devices fail, and in many cases need additional surgeries and treatment to deal with these complications.
At Hawkins Bingham & Miller, in Kingsport, Tennessee, we will help you learn whether you may have claims against the device manufacturers. Our lawyers collectively have more than six decades of experience in personal injury law, and will help you determine if you may be eligible to recover compensation for your surgeries, pain or other problems that have been caused by the defective medical device.
Staying Informed About The Ever-Changing Nature Of Defective Device Claims
Today, a new medical device may used on a patient for the first time. The extensive testing and research that goes into these devices may not address all the problems that can arise. Our lawyers take the time to learn about the devices currently causing problems in patients, so that we know what to look for when you come in to talk to us about your claim.
Some of the various devices that have led to claims include:
- Hernia mesh, which can cause pain and require additional surgery
- Hip implants, the failures of which can cause significant pain and often require additional surgeries
- Transvaginal mesh, which can result in serious health issues
- Warming blankets used in surgeries, which can result in severe infections such as MRSA
- Bone infuse devices, which can cause infertility in men, and also increase the risk of cancer
- Intrauterine devices, which can lead to infections and tears in the uterine wall
- IVC filters, which can cause serious organ damage
You may have several questions about whether your current injuries or condition were caused by a defective device and whether you have a claim against the manufacturer of the device. Our attorneys will review your medical records, and help you determine whether you have a claim for compensation.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Hawkins, Bingham & Miller often works with other experienced attorneys and law firms on complex cases such as asbestos litigation, medical device litigation and pharmaceutical drug litigation. Contact us today to find out if you have a case.